Workshop production of a new musical by Geoff Page
9 to 10 May, 2014 – Larkum Studio, ADC Theatre, Cambridge
“My story is a love story. But only those tortured by love can know what I mean…”
….So proclaimed the condemned Martha Beck as she was executed along with her partner, Raymond Fernandez, in New York on 8 March, 1951. But what drove this couple, who had met just four years earlier, to lure women through lonely hearts ads to their beds and to their deaths?
Based on a true story, Lonely Hearts explores the age old themes of love, jealousy and violence in an intriguing and thought provoking new chamber musical by Cambridge composer Geoff Page.
- Cat Nicol as Martha Beck
- Martin Prest as Raymond Fernandez
- Directed by Mhari Gallagher
- Musical Direction by Geoff Page
- Set Design by Sophie Price
- Lighting Design by Ian Bruno
- Production Photographs by Timothy Winn